Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy new year!

Happy 2012. I wish only the good things for everyone!  :) 


The holiday season is all about cooking and spending. With all the gifts and sales, it's really hard to not buy anything. I went to the Coach Outlet and bought a few things, among them is this lavender purse. it great for work and the weekend going out and running errands, very functional. 
the bag goes with the BR sweater I got recently. 




Since my dad had installed the oven in my kitchen, I've been doing a lot of cooking.  I didn't even notice that I don't eat out as often as I used to. That's a good thing on my wallet and my health.
Salmon fried rice and lasagna are stables on my menu, simply because they are easy to bring to work for lunch the next day. 


This year, I have made turkey 3 times, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. This is truly the perfect turkey. It's the only turkey I ever made and it's perfect every time.  The gravy is made from the juice. it's really simple, just strain the juice in a pot and use flour or cornstarch to thicken it. One important note, I always put the cornstarch or flour in a bowl, mix it with some water and bring it into a liquid form and then pouring into the juices. I learned some hard lessens before when the cornstarch clumps up when it was directly into the pot. 
this is the 22lb Turkey I made for my grandpa on Christmas, I had a extremely hard time flipping it over.  But doesn't it look super delicious? 

This is the New Year turkey, made by request from fiancé's mom. this one is only 13 lbs.  My arms thanks it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment