Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Baby Shower :P

My coworker, C, has just given birth to a baby girl. Congrats to her! A week prior to the birth, our office threw her a baby shower. I took care of the gifts and decorations and another coworker took care of the food. It was such a success, C cried :).
everyone chipped in 10 dollars for the gift and decoration. I was trying to be as frugal as possible; pulling out my couponing skills and shopping at the dollar store.
Anatomy of a party:
balloons-lots of it.
cakes-I used cupcakes and brownies
gifts- diapers and baby wipes
and food!
The dollar store is a great place for balloons, only a dollar each. we blew up balloons and leave them on the floor.

It was my first time making a diaper cake, fortunately, the internet was a great resource. with a little imagination, it turned out pretty good.  the gifts were just baby wipes. I wanted to save as much money as possible so C can have it to buy baby things.
Add food: pizza, salad, buffalo wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment